- Adapts vehicles with separate turn and stop lights (3-wire) to standard trailer light wiring (2-wire system)
- Comes with a dust cover to keep your connector clean when not in use
- Made in the USA
- Limited 1-year Warranty
- Requires CURT 55151 powered converter wiring kit or similar
- 2011 Infiniti M37X, Sedan
- 2013 BMW 328ix Drive, Sedan
- 2013 Audi Q5, Except Hybrid
- 2014 Audi Q5, Except Hybrid
- 2014 Mercedes SLK250, All
- 2015 Honda Fit, All
- 2015 Audi Q5, Except Hybrid
- 2015 BMW X5, SUV
- 2015 Volkswagon Beetle, All
- 2016 Honda Fit, All
- 2016 BMW 45, All
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris, All
- 2016 Audi S5, Premium Plus, Coupe with LED Taillights
- 2016 Audi S5, Prestige, Coupe with LED Taillights
- 2016 Audi A5, Premium, Coupe with LED Taillights
- 2016 Audi A5, Premium Plus, Coupe with LED Taillights
- 2016 Mercedes Benz Metris, All
- 2016 Honda Fit, All
- 2016 BMW X5, All
- 2017 Audi S5, Base Coupe with LED Taillights
- 2017 Audi A5 Quattro, Sport Coupe with LED Taillights
When your vehicle does not readily provide an electrical connection for hooking up your trailer, CURT electrical converts offer the solution. Working tail lights on your trailer are absolutely essential any time you tow, and a converter provides an effective way to properly equip your vehicle for safe towing.
A CURT electrical converter, much like our custom vehicle-to-trailer wiring harnesses, provides a trailer connector on your vehicle by slicing into the vehicle's electrical system. Electrical converters are designed to splice directly into the taillight wiring, rather than plugging into various sockets, giving them the nickname "taillight converters". Though it requires a little extra work compared to a custom wiring harness, a tail light converter offers a reliable, long-term connector solution.
This CURT electrical converter is designed to convert a 3-wire system to a 2-wire system and provides a standard 4-way flat connector socket to plug in your trailer. It is designed to fit certain years of the Audi Q5 (except hybrid), BMW 328i xDrive sedan, BMW X5 SUV, Honda Fit, Infiniti M37x sedan, Mercedes SLK250 or Volkswagen Beetle (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com).
This converter is made with cutting-edge surface-mount technology (SMT) circuitry, featuring electrical components that are mounted directly to the surface of the board rather than being inserted into a series of holes. SMT circuits have longer life cycles, lower resistance, reduced heat generation and are more reliable than through-hole-mounted components. Plus, to give you peace of mind for the long haul, every CURT converter is proudly made right here in the USA.